The Hatter Cardiovascular Institute Horizon GP’s conference was held on 9th November at the Royal College of Physicians in London, UK. This one-day medical education meeting brings together a notable faculty of diabetes experts who present and discuss new horizons in diabetes management in primary care to an audience of General Practitioners.
This more recent meeting saw a return to an entirely face-to-face format, a welcome change after the many virtual meetings over the last couple of years. The Royal College of Physicians welcomed over 100 primary care delegates from across the UK to listen to a variety of presentations detailing the latest in diabetes care and research. Always an engaging and interactive meeting, the feedback received from the attendees proved just how important such gatherings are for medical education.
Of note from the post-meeting survey there was an 87% response of which:
- 99% of respondents say the event was useful for their professional activity
- 99% of respondents say their overall impression of the programme was good or excellent
- 100% of respondents say the presented information was well balanced and consistently supported by a valid scientific evidence base
- 100% of respondents say there was adequate time available for discussions, questions & answers and learner engagement
- 100% of respondents would be interested in attending in the future
- 100% of respondents would recommend this meeting to colleagues
With such positive feedback, the Hatter Cardiovascular Institute hopes to continue with this education programme and looks forward to new and exciting meetings in 2023.